Friday 21 May 2010

Cooking - Muffins, 3 ways

Wanting to bring Louise something tasty this weekend when I go to visit her, I decided to make muffins/cupcakes.

So what should I make? I thought to myself.

I had several recipes for muffins that I wanted to try, so I lined them up and sent them to Louise over skype to see what she made of them, asking her to choose one.

She said to make whichever one I wanted, however I was still at a loss as to which one I'd prefer, so gears started churning, and being quite ambitious, I decided to make my 3 favourites from the set of recipes I had.

The issue I met when reading through the recipes, is that they all made different quantities, and one of them didn't indicate how many muffins this was O_o

So with some clever calculations, I scaled all 3 recipes to make 12 muffins per batch, 36 in total, I also adjusted sugar, salt  and butter amounts to more sensible levels than in the originals.

So with some reconfiguring, the final recipes start below here.

Common to all recipes:
- cream the butter and sugar, then add the vanilla extract, then the eggs and mix to a smooth consistency
- combine the dry ingredients in another bowl and sieve them
- when mixing together, mix the milk into the egg butter mixture in small quantities, alternating between adding the  dry mixture and the milk (and for the banana ones, the banana as well)
- using two spoons works well for extracting the mixture into those cute little muffin cases, for these recipes I found I had two spoonfuls in each
- all of them were baked at 190C, for about 20 minutes, but basically until they looked done

In the blueberry muffins, remember to gently fold in the blueberries so as not to break any of them.

Right, the quantities are as follows:


Ingredient

Blueberry

Chocolate

Banana
Butter (g) 60 100 60
Sugar (g) 70 200 100
Vanilla (tsp) 1 1 1
Eggs 1 2 1
Flour (g) 320 120 190
Salt (tsp) 1/4 1/4 1/4
Cream Of Tartar (tsp) 2 1/2 1/2
Baking soda/Bi-carbinate of soda (tsp) 1 1/2 3/4

Lastly:
2 ripe bananas, mashed with a fork.
1/2 cup cocoa powder.
1 1/2 cups blueberries.

Any issues then drop me a line :)

And a snap of them all decorated:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.