Sunday 4 April 2010

Movie - Pandorum

I was quite excited about this after having read the synopsis:

"Two astronauts, Bower (Foster) and Payton (Quaid), wake up from suspended animation to find themselves alone, with no memory of who they are, what they are doing, or what has happened to the crew of their 60,000 passenger sleeper ship, the Elysium. They are unable to access the ship's bridge and cannot communicate with any other members of the crew, including the flight team they are supposed to relieve." (http://goo.gl/eiRA)

Sounds good no?

So I grabbed a copy of it and have had it sat on my hard drive (which I keep all my movies on for ease of access) for the past several months.

I mean, I wanted to watch it straight away, but movies are always better with other people. I suggested it to Louise who was not overly warm to the idea of watching a horror film (she hates them), I suggested it to Luke and George and no one sounded too excited, so it stayed unwatched until I came home to my parents.

My dad loved the idea, and so 2 nights ago we watched it.

I am kinda glad I've saved it until this point as my parents have a nice TV, which definitely makes horror movies a lot better, and this film deserves good viewing quality.

It starts out with a scene of the ship departing at the start of its journey, but quickly the mood changes and we're taken inside, now I can't really say much more about the plot here without spoiling it.

What I will say, the film is gripping from start to finish, if predictable in places.

There are some scenes that were quite gory and made me cringe a little, but packed out with good fights, truly terrifying monsters, some interesting psychological aspects, and some clever camera work that really keeps you on edge, and the ending really is a surprise.

All in all, an excellent film, and something you could enjoy even if you don't like horror films that much, (evidence of this is that even my sister liked it!) so go ahead and watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.